Six sessions training for worship leaders were offered online by Mel Perkins of the Synod eLM unit during May and June. The videos of these sessions are now online here. The videos run for about 90 minutes and feature Mel along with guests from across the synod.
The six sessions cover
- Exploring Worship 1 – What is Worship?
- Exploring Worship 2 – Worship as story or conversation/Exploring the Seasons (of the Church and the Earth) in Worship
- Understanding Worship – Theology of Worship/Multisensory & multiple intelligence approaches to Worship
- Preparing Worship 1 – Some of the nuts and bolts of Worship/ Inclusive Worship
- Preparing and Leading Worship – Working with a theme or lectionary/ Curating resources
- Leading Worship 2 – Communication in Worship/ Ethics in/of Worship (including self-awareness)
The videos accompany an online learning series offered by eLM both for general lay leader training, and also for those preparing for the ministry of Lay Preacher. For more information about the worship course, click here.
If you would like to know more about the ministry of Lay Preacher, contact Craig Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org or Di Paterson email@example.com
Here’s a link to part of Session One led by myself.